The Corporate Executive Sous Chef is a shore side senior leadership position that requires frequent travel to ships and assists with overseeing the culinary operation. The Corporate Executive Sous Chef is directly responsible for supervising Regional Corporate Chefs and shipboard Executive Chefs and is accountable for the performance and quality assurance of all aspects of culinary operations inclusive of superior food quality, food preparation, inventory management, kitchen operation, kitchen crew morale, galley maintenance, menu development, recipe development, and training.
NOTE: This position requires frequent travel to company vessels and a flexible schedule.
• Culinary Arts degree
• Minimum 10 years’ corporate chef management experience at a full-service hotel, resort, or cruise ship
• Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Available to travel and work a flexible schedule including long days for extended periods of time
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point
• US Coast Guard regulated pre-employment drug test
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist. Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive.