American Cruise Lines is the leader in the small, luxury cruising market offering 7, 10, and 14 night cruises to destinations all across America including the Mississippi River and Alaska. American Cruise Lines offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental insurance and 401k. Our modern Guilford, CT office is located on the Connecticut Shoreline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic person who enjoys negotiating and has excellent Excel skills. The purchasing specialist will work directly with senior level managers to develop purchasing strategies. The specialist will analyze data and make recommendations to reduce expenses while maintaining or improving quality
American Cruise Lines is seeking a responsible and computer proficient purchasing specialist to work in our Guilford, CT office. The purchasing specialist will be responsible for purchasing food, beverage and other supplies for our ships. The purchasing specialist must have expert knowledge in Microsoft excel.
• Purchasing and procurement of food and other restaurant supplies
• Managing inventory and par levels
• Communicate with vendors and suppliers
• Generate purchase orders
• Negotiate prices and obtain competitive quotes
• Make recommendations to modify purchases based on cost analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Finance
• Must have advanced Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills (English)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent in Excel
• Ability to solve problems
LOCAL CONNECTICUT CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist.
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards, including Porthole Reader’s Choice Awards in 2014, World Travel Awards “World’s Leading River Cruise Company” in 2013, “Gold Award Winner” for Travel Weekly’s 2014 Magellan Awards and a 2014 finalist for Condé Nast Traveler's Reader’s Choice Awards.”